It’s been a while since I’ve linked up for High Five For Friday with Lauren Elizabeth, but this is a pretty fun place to share what’s making me happy these days, so here it goes!
1. Weather. The weather in Tucson is amazing. I LOVE hot weather, so they could turn up the heat in the evenings (since it is a bit chilly in the evening and early morning), but this is SO fabulous compared to rainy 50s in NYC. I’m maintaining my freckles that were acquired in our big trip, but don’t worry, I’m still wearing spf 50 all over. Yeah, it’s 90 during the day, so I am still enjoying funemployment in the sun.
2. Nice neighbors. We had a little car problem earlier this week and our neighbor just drove over his car for me to use so we could get home from the towing place, etc. He might be getting some Gooey Butter Cake!
3. Bodeefit. I have been using this website for a while. Every day they email me a work out that requires no equipment, just body weight. The warm up and the work out takes no more than 30 minutes and I haven’t got bored yet. We went out of town this past weekend and I did this in the hotel room. It doesn’t require a lot of space (some more than others), but it is a great way to get in a quick heart rate jump. Best of all? It’s free! (you can sign up and pay and get more amenities, like the ability to post your results and track them). [They have no idea who I am, I am just a happy user!]
4. Reading. This could probably be its own post, but ever since finishing law school, it has been a joy to start reading again. I am not reading as voraciously, since the name of the game these days is sanity, but I just read Loving Frank by Nancy Horan and am looking to start The Lowland by Jumpha Lahiri. I love her writing and am looking forward to digging into that one. Do you have anything you have really enjoyed reading lately?
5. These corduroys. I don’t have them and I’m not sure if I’m going to splurge for them but I love them and think they are perfect for fall and winter. Plus, I have worn this style before and the fit is totally on point: comfortable and soft like cords should be, but fitted and put together like all pants should be. That wine color is amazeeeee!!!