Are you ready for the weekend? We have a few fun things planned, but I have had a banner week so I’m trying to stay in the present! Let’s do this thang.
1. I PASSED THE NEW YORK BAR EXAM!!! I took the exam on my birthday during the summer (ick) and it was the hardest thing I have ever done. I got a text from a friend on Tuesday that the results would be coming out at midnight EST. Of course Tuesday was shot. I spent an inordinate amount of time googling things about the test (don’t do that) and then my husband and I went to a movie and dinner to keep my mind off of things. I am very proud of myself and couldn’t have done it without the greatest friends, family, and God.
2. The picture at the top is from our fabulous time apple picking earlier this week. Although we are living in the desert, we travelled to Willcox, AZ to pick apples at Apple Annies. Willcox is very rural and the orchard is on a huge farm that has tons of other things. Because we went there so late in the season, things were a bit picked over, but we had no trouble picking 6 pounds of granny smith apples in a quick 15 minutes. It was nice to get a bit of fall. If you are in Tucson, I highly recommend the trip!
3. If you have a chance, I highly recommend the movie, Haute Cuisine. We already had plans to see it on Tuesday and when I was playing the waiting game for my bar results, it was just the ticket. It is a lovely little film about a woman who was the personal chef for the French President. her role was to make lunch for the president and a small number of guests. While somewhat panned by critics, I found it to be delightful. If you enjoy movies about food, this one is for you.
4. I already have Thanksgiving on the brain. I love planning big meals almost as much as making them! Although I am not hosting, I am in a position to exert influence over the menu and will definitely be in the kitchen on the big day. Is there anything you are looking forward to making this year?
Things you may have missed around here:
- Are you pumpkin-ed out? I’m not! This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread would be a perfect hostess gift for Thanksgiving!
- This Sautéed Cabbage is perfect when you need a quick side dish!