1. Well, here we are, another Friday, linking with Lauren Elizabeth for High Five for Friday! Today is unusual because it looks nothing like the above photo. It is raining in the desert, and it seems, most of the country! I find rain to be a bit depressing, I am not one of these people that looks forward to it, but since it is a novelty, I will take it!
2. Earlier this week, I had the opportunity to go to the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix, AZ to see the Chihuly in the Garden exhibit. I have seen his work in Seattle, which is displayed inside and outdoors, but I think it is the most beautiful when displayed in gardens, where he works with the space and the naturally occurring plants and landscape. If you have the chance to see his work, I would encourage you to go!
3. It has been a banner week, and I even lucked out with a gift of new ballet flats. My mother in law insisted, so here I am, the proud owner of new Cole Haan “Manhattan” Ballet Flats. I got black patent leather. If you are in the market for flats, these are a bit expensive, but Cole Haan has great quality and these are super comfortable!
4. Now that we are upon the last weekend before Thanksgiving, I am sure you are planning, shopping, and prepping in anticipation of the big day. Last year I put together some lists of recipes that I love:
This year, I have my eye on some additional dishes that have peaked my interest:
- Nomnompaleo’s Roasted Garlic Autumn Mash
- Shutterbean’s Braised Brussels Spouts with Pancetta – I have made them, they are awesome, these are definitely going to be on our Thanksgiving table if I don’t inhale them before they get ON the table!
- The Pioneer Woman’s [famous] Mashed Potatoes – I am pretty excited since these can be made ahead of time and I think things are so much easier when you do as much as possible in advance. Also, cream cheese. Amen.
- A Southern Fairytale made Chorizo and Roasted Poblano Dressing which is probably going to be made and eaten prior to the Thanksgiving day. In fact, I may post a tweaked version in time for the big day!
- Willow Bird Baking came up with this CRAZY list of possible desserts. I mean. Seriously. Shut up. I can’t. My cousin and I were freaking out. The Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie Bars are calling my name, but also the Chocolate Poke Cake with Whipped Coconut Icing. Life is hard for me.
5. Speaking of Thanksgiving, this Buzzfeed gem on “23 Ways to Make Your Pies More Beautiful” found an old woman’s publication, from back when women had to be in the kitchen regardless of their passions.
Hope you have a beautiful weekend!