A lot has been going on in my little world. I could probably do 10 on Friday but that isn’t as cute and I need to get down to business!
1. I got a new job! And it is related to my degree! This is great news. I am so excited to be using my education. Of course, it means more studying, but that is ok. I had the pleasure of getting fingerprinted for it, which is always interesting. I have now been fingerprinted 5 times. One time with ink. That was no bueno. I was in a suit too, so I was very nervous about getting it on myself. This time was electronic. Much cooler. Apparently I didn’t burn off my fingertips when I worked in restaurants.
2. I started Crossfit again. I am just in need of a major change with my fitness and this is a great way for me to get back on track. The gym was amazing and I am super excited about getting back into it. I never felt that comfortable at crossfit but maybe Tucson is the place for me to do that! I did a lot of burpees and power snatches last night. Weeeeeeee. I probably look more like this than this.
3. I am officially obsessed with the Gilmore Girls. I play it constantly on my Kindle Fire and carry it with me from room to room while I am doing things around the house. Lorelai annoys me slightly but also reminds me of a good friend (in a good way) and I adore Rory so much. I have no idea why I didn’t watch the show when it was on TV but I am glad I have it now! Now Lorelai and Luke need to get together (no spoilers, I’m on season 4).
4. I am in a major purge of EVERYTHINGGGGGGG. It’s a long story but my clothes have been in a storage unit far away from me for over a year. So when we were reunited, I was motivated to junk a lot of them. Two large trash bags later and now I am itching to be rid of more stuff. Why is there so much stuff everywhere??? It takes time but, it feels so good when it is gone. I am trying to replace things and not add to the clutter. One in, one out.
5. I am in a cooking rut. I think I have too many options from which to choose. I just got Homemade Decadence, by Joy Wilson and Plenty More, by Yotam Ottolenghi, but I haven’t made a single dish from either. I keep dragging them out, paging through half the book and putting it down and doing nothing. I was using Seriously Delish, by Jessica Merchant a ton when I first got it and love it, I think I just need to make a concerted effort to use books and not the internet.